The role of the Buyer is to source and manage the procurement of all materials, engineering services, equipment, shipping, safety and subcontractors necessary for the successful and timely completion of projects. The Buyer will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and company’s personnel.
The role of Buyer will be responsible for the following:
• Material procurement activities - quotes, purchase orders, change orders, proposals, job costing, sourcing, negotiating, vendor relations/meetings, warranties, lead times, expediting, supplier bid
evaluations, order entry and matching PO’s with delivery receipts and invoices.
• Produce material lists and distribute to selected qualified vendors for pricing.
• Receive & analyze quotations for accuracy & completeness. Make recommendations to management and customer for award.
• Establish procurement strategies for end to end sourcing, acquisition, receiving, and tracking of project materials that optimize cost, quality and timely delivery.
• Coordinate supplier selection, terms and supplier performance standards.
• Understanding of Terms and Conditions and the ability to negotiate
• Submittals and RFI’s – prepare, submit, track and follow-up on approvals and resubmissions.
• Prepare subcontracts for all entities supplying labor on the project and insures that the proper insurance, hold harmless agreements and equipment releases are in place prior to job starting.
• Generate reports and data as needed by the project managers and management teams.
• Review shop drawings and output blueprints/plans as needed.
• Collaborate with project managers to keep all aspects of the project updated.
• Other procurement tasks as assigned/required by management.
• Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in construction end to end purchasing or similar trade/industry.
• Self-motivated with exceptional time management skills, strong technical and organizational skills required.
• Understanding of the construction industry processes and procedures with hands on experience on procurement, logistics or project management.
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to multitask, manage risk, set priorities, stay focused, negotiate and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Construction Management and Terms and Conditions negotiations experience is now required and must be listed on resumes.
This is a contract position 0-6 months located in three locations: Plano, TX; Andover, MA; and Tucson, AZ.