The Principal Computer Systems Technologist - Cloud Systems Administrator will collaborate with a diverse team of engineers in an Agile/DevOps environment supporting the Air Operations Center program with information system capabilities in a mixed Linux-based/Windows-based environment. The work will include an initial 8 months on temporary duty in proximity to Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA.
The systems administration encompasses set-up and maintenance of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with Enterprise administrators for integration with network and cloud services. System Administrator will also stand up virtualized systems utilizing the Pivotal Cloud Foundry infrastructure, in one or more cloud environments including the Amazon Web Services/FedRamp environment.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
• Set up and maintain the Pivotal Cloud Foundry infrastructure.
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements.
• Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations.
• Manage virtualized Windows /Linux systems in a Cloud environment
• Monitor and make recommendations for allocation of computing resources.
• Provide basic knowledge in troubleshooting issues.
• Support application customers by installing, maintaining, administering, and managing servers and network systems
• Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure minimum downtime.
• Coordinate installation and build of VMs, assist in developing system requirements, as well as developing the backup and recovery solution
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
• Subject Matter Expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• 10+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
• Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
• Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
• Experience developing automation solutions and working in a highly automated environment
• In-depth experience with Windows Server and Linux operating systems
• In-depth experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure. Must have knowledge of deploying and
administering systems in those environments.
• Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
• Pivotal / Microservices / Pivotal Certification
• Docker / Containers
• Knowledge of baseline and operations inside a cloud environment
• AWS SysOps Administration and/or MCSA Cloud Platform/Linux on Azure Certification
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• Experience with VMware
• Security + and/or CISSP certification
• Scripting / programming experience
• Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.