Performs the following duties, and other required activities as assigned. Must demonstrate competencies necessary to meet business requirements. May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross- functional team. • Builds, repairs, reworks/rebuild, modifies, and/or calibrates major complex mechanical assemblies used in weapons controls, aircraft armament, bomb racks, missile launchers and associated equipment.
• Performs riveting, grinding, fitting, filing, drilling, reaming, light machining, sheetmetal shearing, lapping, scraping, bending,
and working to precise tolerances in order to meet required specifications.
• May perform informal, in-process checks on manufactured or processed items to assist authorized formal inspection and/or test
personnel in determining product validation prior to final acceptance
• Assist with other related job classifications when directed.
• Must be able to read, interpret and analyze engineering drawings, production instructions, and other technical documents
• Must have experience with basic aircraft assembly and repair methods.
• Licensed FAA Aircraft Mechanic (Airframe and/or Powerplant).
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
• Previous experience with multiple aircraft assembly/repair methods; sheetmetal structures, composites, avionics, etc.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent