Under general supervision of the Material Program Strategy Manager, the Material Management Specialist (Expeditor) is required to perform routine activities to ensure timely delivery of parts and material purchased in support of various programs.
Job duties include, but not limited to the following activities: Communication with all affected suppliers, Collaboration of delivery information to all major stakeholders including Purchasing, Planning, Program Management, Logistics, Quality and Transportation as required.
Perform day-to-day follow up on purchase orders placed to expedite material delivery. Provide delivery feedback to buyers and requestors on a regular basis. Provide system update via data entry and reporting.
• Execute Daily
• Follow up on purchase order status and explanation for late deliveries with suppliers
• Escalates missed delivery issues in a timely manner
• Able to present delivery status information to all stakeholders
• Expedite deliveries in accordance with Program’s material requirements
• Creation of any reports required to execute
• Maintains records, charts, graphs, logs and progress reports as required.
• Manage system report to be used along with other procurement system tools
• Inputs data into PRISM/SAP.
• Support the purchasing team in daily tactical functions such as supplier schedule updates, late deliveries. Close collaboration is required.
• Minimum High School Diploma, Associates Degree
• 3 years of experience with expediting or data entry
• 3-5 years’ experience with Windows and MS Office Suites, including Excel spreadsheet management
• Knowledge of SAP Systems
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Strong Excel user skills (Pivot Tables)
• Strong sense of urgency to obtain results
• Excellent oral/written communication skills