Must have experience developing Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTL) graphics. (Must have past experience with Military or DoD manual development)
As a graphics artist you will:
• Create and update Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTL) Graphics using AutoTrol Technical Illustrator, Adobe Illustrator, and Arbortext IsoDraw using the MIL-STD-40051 and S1000D standards.
• Create and update Technical Manuals using Arbortext Editor software in accordance with the MIL-STD-40051 and S1000D standards.
• Perform formatting, editing, proofreading, and quality control functions to produce technical publications in a deadline-driven environment for the Phalanx, SeaRAM and Land-based Phalanx Weapon System (LPWS) in support of the Navy and Army customers.
• Responsible for working closely with engineers to develop or edit graphics for technical publications, graphics for military logistics technical publications and interact closely with co-workers, subject matter experts, and customers to understand and meet product expectations.
• Manage multiple deadlines and priorities within specified time frames.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience working with the MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-38784, and/or S1000D standard for Technical Manuals, understand the graphic requirements to support those standards, knowledge of the training of military systems, knowledge of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) processes and knowledge of the LOGSA/ISEA requirements for the ILS documents as well as strong English grammar skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work overtime as required to meet contractual deadlines.
4+ years’ experience in development RPSTL exploded drawings MIL-STD-40051 and/or S1000D standards 4+ years’ experience in the MIL-STD-40051 and/or S1000D standard for Technical Manuals
4+ years’ experience working with Adobe Illustrator, AutoTrol Technical Illustrator, or other graphics software
3+ years’ experience working with engineering drawings, blueprints, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and design
Strong commitment to quality Detail oriented Good verbal communication skills
Good teaming skills
Ability to work in a highly collaborative team setting and successfully navigate a fast-paced, challenging environment while being result-oriented
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Detailed oriented but also able to understand and communicate the bigger picture
Experience leading project teams and effective communication skills
Good organizational skills by setting priorities and working within deadlines