Performs detailed inspection on a wide variety of precision and complex in-process and finished machined parts, highly complex components, raw castings, investment castings, forgings, fabricated sheet metal parts, and hardware that is produced in-house and supplied by vendors.
• Mechanical inspection of parts including first article, in-process, and final.
• Verification of materials and processes; and, verification of certifications from sub-tier vendors.
• Completion of all applicable paperwork (working to AS9100 standards).
• Performance of various other quality functions as required to ensure the timely delivery of precision machined parts to the customer.
• Cleanliness of the work area and proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent damage or loss.
• Mechanical Inspection 4 years
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to perform complex set-ups for part inspection.
• Must be proficient with complicated blueprints and advanced job shop mathematical calculations. • Familiar with all facets of inspection techniques, including CMM operation, a wide range of inspection and measuring tools, and surface plate set-ups.
• Must be able to follow written instructions and to work with no supervision.
• Must have strong organizational skills and be familiar with documentation requirements for an AS9100 based quality system.
• Ensures that all required process operations have been performed on the product that is being inspected.
• Document inspection results accurately and completely by completing forms, logs, and reports. Enters all quality data into the appropriate electronic or manual systems.
• Thorough understanding of true position tolerancing and application of Cartesian coordinate systems (G,D & T per ANSI Y14.5).
• Requires bending, reaching and lifting of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.