Our client is seeking Software Engineers to help with enhancing unmanned air vehicle ground stations. (UAV).
The qualified candidate could be involved with all phases of the software development life cycle including SW requirements analysis, use case support, SW architecture analysis, detailed design, software builds, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through thorough unit testing, updating technical documents, software integration support, problem detection, and resolving discrepancy reports. The qualified candidate could also be responsible for supporting software validation and verification, qualification, configuration control and documentation at the component level. Additionally, the qualified candidate will be responsible for quickly understanding assignments and carrying them out with moderate supervision.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with Linux OS based development
• Minimum of 2 years experience with C++ in an object-oriented environment
• Ability to design, develop, and maintain new software functionality
• Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
• Ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
• Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
• Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
• Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
• Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
• United States Citizen
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science, BS in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering related field
Desired Skills: • Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC) • Experience with Rational Software Architect (RSA) • Experience with QT framework • Experience with Data Distribution Service (DDS) • Experience with UAS Control Segment (UCS) • Experience with XML • Experience with Perl • Experience with Java • Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose or Rhapsody • Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement • Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems) • Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material